Southern Railway Recruitment 2019, Southern Railway is going to conduct 1208 persons as 'Act Apprentice' under Apprenticeship Act, 1961 in 'Fresher' and 'Ex-ITI' Category for different divisions in various trades.
Details about Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
1) Fitter, painter, and Welder trade-in Fresher Category: Candidates who have passed 10th Standard examination from any recognized Board / Council with at least 50% (not required for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks or its equivalent grade in the aggregate are eligible.
2) Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology / Pathology / Cardiology) trade-in Fresher Category: Candidates who have passed 12th Standard examination from any recognized Board / Council with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects securing at least 50% (not required for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks or its equivalent grade in the aggregate are eligible.
3) Ex-ITI Category: Candidates, who have passed Certificate Course in Fitter/ Carpenter/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Painter/Welder (G&E) / Electrician / Electronic Mechanic / PASAA / Refrigeration & A.C. / Wireman / Painter / Machinist / Turner / Advanced Welder / Diesel Mechanic trade from any ITI recognised by NCVT / SCVT after passing 10th Standard examination with at least 50% (not required for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks or its equivalent grade in the aggregate are eligible.
Age Limit for Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
Age should be between 15 and 22 years as on 28.11.2019 for the 'Fresher' category. Age should be between 15 and 24 years as on 28.11.2019 for the 'other' category. OBC & SC/ST candidates will get relaxation in age by 3 years & 5 years respectively. Physically challenged candidates will get exemption in age as per the Govt. rules.
Division wise number of vacancy of Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
- Carriage and Wagon Works, Perambur: 438
- Electrical Workshop, Perambur: 130
- Loko Works, Perambur: 214
- Engineering workshop, Arakkonam: 67
- Chennai Division- RS/AJJ: 74
- Chennai Division- RS/AVD: 102
- Chennai Division- RS/TBM: 60
- Chennai Division- DSL/TNP: 09
- Chennai Division- C&W/BBQ: 38
- Chennai Division- RS/RPM: 25
- Railway Hospital, Perambur: 23
Mode of selection of Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in 10th standard and/or ITI examination. Shortlisted candidates will have to undergo apprenticeship and during this period, candidates will get a stipend as per the rules issued by the Railway board.
How to Apply for Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
Candidates will have to apply online through this website: www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in within 31.12.2019.
Application FEE: Rs 100/-